AutoPay allows you to make automatic payments towards invoices. You can choose the parameters for when the monthly payment will occur, the payment method for the automatic payments, which emails will receive your AutoPay notifications, and maximum payment amount if desired.
Included in this article:
How to Setup AutoPay
- Sign into the Client Portal (Click here for steps to create an account)
- Go to the Settings tab along the top
- Click "Setup AutoPay"
- Choose an existing saved payment method or click "New Payment Method" and fill in the details
- Choose the Monthly Payment Day
- Enter a maximum payment amount, or leave blank if you wish to have AutoPay pay your full balance each month.
- Add any additional email addresses for who will receive notifications and receipts. Note that your firm will automatically receive these as well so you will not need to add your firm contact.
If you have an existing Recurring Payment Plan associated with your client account, you will be prompted to disable the recurring payment plan when you're setting up AutoPay.
The following automatic notification emails are sent:
- Confirmation that AutoPay has been set up (indicates the maximum monthly amount if applicable)
- Confirmation that an automated payment is going to happen in X days (w/ maximum amount)
- Confirmation that an automated payment is going to happen in X days (no maximum amount)
- Confirmation that an automated payment was made and paid 100% of invoice(s)
- Confirmation that an automated payment was made and did not pay 100% of an invoice; email provides a link and prompts the Client to pay the remaining balance on the invoice by due date
- Notification that an automated payment failed. Email provides a link and prompts to attempt to pay the invoice again manually
- Notification that an AutoPay was changed
- Notification that an AutoPay was disabled
- Notification that a payment method used by AutoPay is going to expire
Once AutoPay is enabled, you can view in the Client Portal what invoices are to be included in your upcoming automatic payment when viewing the Invoices tab.
Steps to Skip or Resume AutoPay
You can skip your upcoming AutoPay, it will automatically resume the following month.
- When signed into your portal user, select Payments tab along the top
- Find the upcoming AutoPay and select the three small dots
- Select "Skip"
- This will skip the upcoming AutoPay and will resume automatically the following month.
- To resume a skipped one, go back to the Payments tab
- Select the three small dots
- Select "Resume"
Adjust AutoPay Settings
To adjust your AutoPay, go to the Settings tab and select Manage AutoPay icon for the AutoPay plan to open it's configuration settings. You can adjust the payment method, date of the AutoPay each month, the maximum payment amount, and the email notification recipients.